The bible tells us of the man Balaak (King of Moab) who saw the children of Israel camping across the Jordan and fear grabbed him, for he hath heard of the what the Lord hath done among them.
We are told, that he sent men to a prophet in Israel, after much persuasion the prophet came to the land of Moab.
1. What was the name of this Prophet?
2. In deciding to go with them the second time, what was his mode of transport?
3. Along the way, he started to encounter problems with his transport, what constituted to this?
4. What was the actual problem with his transport?
5. In him being frustrated, what did he do to his transport?
6. How did the transport respond?
7. In arriving to Moab, he started to give word concerning Israel, give one word He said concerning Israel.
8. According to St Peter, what was this prophets problem that lead to him going to Moab?
9. "I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice", who wrote this passage of the bible?
10. How does the writter of question 9 describe the prophet in Question 1?
11. "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost", Who wrote this verse?
12. How does the writter of question 11 describe the prophet in Question 1?
13. "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory"- who wrote this verse?
14. How does the writer of question 13 describe the prophet in question 1?
15. Did the prophet in Question 1 eventually succeed with this plans?
16. The prophet in question 1, gave this prophecy below, there has been many discussion about weather the messiah is intended by this prophecy or not, many argue that this prophecy is not repeated in the new testament, therefore could not be speaking of the messiah? How would you substantiate that indeed the prophet was speaking of the messiah?
I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth. And Edom shall be a possession, Seir also shall be a possession for his enemies; and Israel shall do valiantly. Out of Jacob shall come he that shall have dominion, and shall destroy him that remaineth of the city.
11. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, .....this was written by jude in Jude 1 verse 20
12. Jude 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.