More Like This

Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 2 points
  • Helpful Answers - 1 points
6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 6:59 AM by Rebecca - Makhotso Kokome

alcoholic beverage

Angela  Erharhine Apprentice

Should born again christians partake in alcoholic beverage?

• Re: alcoholic beverage
    Chantal  Minzan Newbie

Thank you very much sister Angela truly Jesus is made unto us wisdom. This wisdom is working very highly in your life. the explanation you gave has really bless me.I was used to this scipture in John2:3-10 and was thinking the same thing like bro Richard but now you brougt more light into the knowledge.this is sister Chantal from Citizen of Heaven cell.

Continues flowing in his divine wisdom as you know God has pleasure in your prosperity.

Love you and all the saints of Christ Embassy Bermondsey.

I have been reading all the Assumed Answers on this very sensitive subject; and I have concluded that,

If we are BORN AGAIN and your Leaders, thru their  WISDOM and REVELATION KNOWLEDGE advises u NOT to PARTAKE of such substances, then DON'T DO SO. simple.

Remember that in the new testament when the family of JESUS came to see HIM, HE said to those who gave HIM the message that, HIS family are those who hear HIS WORDS and  ...DO THEM.  If we are members of the BORN AGAIN FAMILY, then lets do as we are told ... and DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, this thing stupifies you. DRINK THE WORD OF GOD  ... IT EDIFIES YOU .....AMEN

MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE AND THEY FOLLOW ME !!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: Lynette Lashley-Spellen

Magrey  Chola

I love the responses to this topic and this is what i have to say.

The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught him. What, my son? and what, the son of my womb? and what, the son of my vows? Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings. it is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted." Prov 31:1-5

It is sad to note that people have the guts of manipulating the scripture to justify their wrong doing (Alcohol intake). Non believers misinterpret scripture and worst still some who profess to be believers justify their drinking with scripture.

It doesn’t matter how long you have been a Christian. If this is the way you are handling scripture then you have no reverence for God and most likely you just attend church, acknowledge God with your lips but your heart is far away from Him.

“This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” Matt 15:8-9

You know deep down that it is wrong but because you want to satisfy your fleshly desires you ignore the word and God for the twisted word which fits and accommodates your filthy desire. Haven’t you read in Gal 5:19-22 “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 5:21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”

As long as you keep on trying to justify what you know is wrong, it is a clear indication that you are still a baby or rather immature. Only children will try to argue what is wrong as right. It seems instead of growing and maturing you are simply ageing (falling out of place). You know it is wrong that is why you keep on hiding, doing it in secret. Get real it is not helping you at all, its destroying your life, it is making a mess out of you. You feel you can’t live without it, my friend you are living in deception.

Lets take look at the at the scripture below.

The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught him. What, my son? and what, the son of my womb? and what, the son of my vows? Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings. it is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted." Prov 31:1-5

The mother had given kind Lemuel advice on two things that could endanger his kingship.

1. Give not thy strength unto women
    Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth king. Remember according to Rev 1:6 we are kings and priests unto God. Therefore stay away from Immorarity. O Boi, don’t waste time wallowing in wrong deed and investements.

2. it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink

it is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.

Study scripture carefully, it saying it is not for kings and we as kings are not supposed to partake. Who are you trying to interpret scripture to your advantage, are you trying to rewrite the bible. God forbid.

Now look at the scripture below of which those who drink Kabisila(Hidden) would almost rejoice, wait a minute lets unveil the scripture.

“Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.” Prov 31:6-7

Here in the scripture the mother to Lemuel continued giving advise now notice to whom it is referring as partakes of the alcohol. The perishing, the poverty stricken, the miserable ones ,in short the unbelievers. Why because the unbelievers don’t have God in their lives so when there are in trouble or afflicted they run to the bottle and not God. Therefore they will drink so that they may forget their troubles but immediately there are sober they find nothing has changed. Notice it said that they may forget meaning it’s just a temporal sense of relief that they experience, it’s not real, it fake.

You may be saying that, are there not Christians who in poverty and living in misery who may fall under the category of the scripture above hence need to drink in order to forget their troubles. Christians in poverty and misery are their but it is an error for Christian to go for temporal relief when you can have full relief in the abundance resource of the kingdom of God. Look at this, Believer running for alcohol for comfort, drinking so that he can temporally forget, this is absolute nonsense. Grow up, you are being deceived, you are living in deception. Has it gone to that extent that you prefer the bottle for relief, joy than God. May God deliver you? Change before you are completely messed up. You are playing in the laps of Delilah. She will devour you. It doesn’t matter how long you have tried to believe this lie, you can come out.

Let me tell you how we live in the city of the living God. When faced with challenges we stand our ground and declare change in the name of Jesus, yes declare change not trying to make the bottle as god. THIS IS AN ERROR, stop it and stop abusing scripture.

Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! 5:12And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD, neither consider the operation of his hands. Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst. Isaiah 5:11-13

You are doomed! You call evil good and good evil. You turn darkness into light and light into darkness. You make what is bitter sweet and what is sweet you make bitter. You are doomed! You think you are wise, so very clever. You are doomed! Heroes of the wine bottle! Brave and fearless when it come to mixing drinks.” Isaiah 5:20

Richard Okorafor Newbie

Hello Chola thanks  for the scripture  you have quoted  and  you said it stated the  result of  drinking it and that can occur  when you drink it in excess and not when you drink at all so if God so conenms alcohol drinking why does he demands it as a  form of sacrifice to him please read the  bible in totality and not in context please i know the  word  and the word is  alive in me i recognise God  at work in me what God  condenms is the abuse of alcohol and not the consumption of it

Magrey  Chola Newbie

Mr. Richard, Hellow. it seems you have taken time to analyse and study the subject. u are born again right, u seem to know the word as you stated. I took time to read what you have been posting and the responses of other people. one thing that we all agree with and glad we do is that we don't support alcohol intake by christian. I may not have the right words for you but one thing is certain that in the heart of every true christian there is a witness on the inside of us which keep on saying " I can't partake"

Interestingly there scriptures like Judges and states as below."

Therefore beware and drink no wine or strong drink and eat nothing unclean". Judges 13:4. Here probably this woman who was to be the mother to Samson used to drink but when God set His purpose in Her He gave her specific instruction to stay away from alcohol intake.

However in Ephesian 5:18 says be not drunk with wine in excess but be filled with the Holy Spirit. what am I trying to say, am putting across that as much as you look at those scriptures which seem to say drink but do not get drunk, i would like you to seriously consider much more instances were instrucution was given not to drink at all. I have seen several scriptures from previous posts on this subject and am confident that you know the scriptures.

Probably you are not the only one thinking like that, there are many christians out there who don't drink and yet there are confused about this subject. I wouldn't be surprised to know that even some of the people that are responding to this question are also in this delima. Though there are answering differently but at some point it may cause them to wander especially when u insist on your points.

Allow me to describe in part of what i think of you.

1. U are born again

2. U love the word

3. U are concerned about this subject to the point that if u say drink a bit a new converts or weak vessels they may end up backsliding.

4. U are not in disgreament to any of the people that have responded as regards this point that Christians should not drinking.

5. U are also in agreament that drinking is not sin but the abuse of it is sin.

5. Yo bond of contention is on Abuse and Normal Consumption.

lastly regardless whether it is sin or not, abuse or normal consumption, as kings we have purpose not to drink at all in any way. I can echo the word of the mother to King Lemuel,"...IT IS NOT FOR KINGS, O Lemuel, IT IS NOT FOR KINGS T O DRINK WINE..." I know what u said previous as regards this scripture, however here it is again in closing.

Richard,am glad that u are in agreement with the conviction of the Holy Spirit that alcohol intake is not your portion, for me this is what really matters in all of this discussion. Am full of Joy that we all agree on this important aspect.

Rebecca - Makhotso Kokome 5 Star

DRINKING WINE IS NOT GOOD IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, ACCORDING THO THE FOLLOWING SCRIPTURES.

Woe to those who rise early in the morning to run after their drinks, who stay up late at night till they are inflamed with wine. Isaiah 5:11.

Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks. Isaiah 5:22.

I will put an end to your noisy songs, and the music of your harps will be heard no more. Ezekiel 26:13.

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Ephesians 5:8.

Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, Proverbs 23:20

But they replied, "We do not drink wine, because our forefather Jonadab son of Recab gave us this command: 'Neither you nor your descendants must ever drink wine.Jeremiah 35:6

Jonadab son of Recab ordered his sons not to drink wine and this command has been kept. To this day they do not drink wine, because they obey their forefather's command. But I have spoken to you again and again, yet you have not obeyed me. Jeremiah 35:14

No longer do they drink wine with a song; the beer is bitter to its drinkers. Isaiah 24:9

Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise. Proverbs 20:1

Do not mingle with those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine. Proverbs 23:30.

Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! Proverbs 23:31

In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper. Proverbs 23:32.

For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 1 Thessalonians 5:7.

.But they replied, "We do not drink wine, because our forefather Jonadab son of Recab gave us this command: 'Neither you nor your descendants must ever drink wine. Jeremiah 35:6.

Now see to it that you drink no wine..., Judges 13:4

But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. 1 Corinthians 5:11.

DO NOT DRINK WINE AND ALCOHOL NOR MIX WITH THOSE WHO DRINK ALCOHOL, GOD DOES NOT LIKE YOU TO DRINK ALCOHOL. REMEMBER YOU ARE INFLUENCED BY THOSE WHOM YOU MIX WITH.